Director of Analytics and Data - JOB OPPORTUNITY WITH goHUNT
goHUNT is a rapidly growing company that puts the best technology and gear into the hands of hunters and anyone who loves the outdoors. We've taken over the Western big game hunting industry by giving ethical, fair-chase hunters better tools to pursue their passion. We form relationships with our customers through engaging content, our industry leading research subscription product, curated eCommerce Gear Shop and our new eLearning outdoor education platform.
We take pride in staying mission focused while still enjoying ourselves and offering a world-class customer experience. If you’re someone with grit and integrity, we’d love to have you on our team.
We inspire hunters to live a more adventurous life and be better stewards of wildlife and wild places. We improve our customers’ experiences and outcomes, however they define their success, with premium products, innovative tools, and powerful information for hunters of all backgrounds.
goHUNT will continue to innovate, educate and empower our customers, reducing the barriers to entry to allow for the recruiting of new hunters, and enable more dollars for conservation. Through our collective efforts at goHUNT, we will protect public land and access, actively engage in conservation, and passionately educate on the benefits of hunting for wildlife preservation.
The Director of Data and Analytics will build Data and Analytics Ecosystem and Teams to define and shape the future of Analytics at goHUNT. This leader with support the data and analytics needs of the goHUNT ecosystem including the eCommerce, Product Management, CRM and Performance Marketing functions. This is an experienced technical and analytics leader with domain knowledge in Data & Analytics and has a proven track record in building foundational data platforms. This role will be responsible for scaling the organizations’ data platforms in a fast-changing, complex environment, building capabilities for advanced analytics and reporting.
The ideal candidate for this position is an experienced Digital and Product Analytics Leader, with superior Data Management and Analytical skills, keen business acumen and a passion for continual improvement. The Director must also be comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously, and successfully coordinate peers, agencies and external partners. The ideal candidate should hold in-depth knowledge of advanced analytics and big data, as well as experience with business intelligence, marketing modeling, and the ability to lead a team of analytics associates. They will need to have strong knowledge of analytics, modeling, experiments, business intelligence, and tools for extracting and manipulating data ‘at-scale’, as well as a deep understanding of how customer-centric analytics can effectively drive business decisions.
This role reports directly to the VP of Marketing and will operate in a highly collaborative way with the rest of the goHUNT team.
Location: Las Vegas Headquarters (highly preferred) or remote from select states, with a strong preference for Pacific or Mountain Time Zone.
- Develop critical understanding of our business and data that would allow for one to proactively identify opportunities to deliver solutions and insights
- Establish a roadmap for how advanced analytics and data science will strategically change the economics of our business. Identify gaps in existing data infrastructure required for analytics
- Partner with Product, Marketing and CRM teams to design data strategies and execution plans that will govern a data ecosystem for personalized experiences
- Serve as a team expert and lead in digital analytics spanning web analytics, marketing, CRM, ecommerce, logistics, and finance
- Champion a data first approach to customer experience and find meaningful ways to engage with our customers. Develop measurement framework to deliver on demand insights
- Develop analytics deliverables, including documentation of measurement planning, key business questions, data requirements, and front-end visualization approaches (Business Intelligence/dashboards)
- Distill models and analysis into compelling insights for stakeholders and executives
- Enthusiastic about not only helping set vision to take capability to the next level, but a hands-on leader that will be able to work on implementing such vision
- Recruit, manage, inspire, and develop a high performing and talented team
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college at a minimum
- 10+ years work experience in digital analytics, data analytics, data science/modeling, business intelligence, data platform architecture, or engineering with at least 5 in B2C digital marketing company
- 4+ years of experience managing technically capable, high performing cross-functional Analytics teams, and in partnering with Technology, Marketing, UI/ UX and other teams
- Hands-on experience in latest tools for extracting and manipulating data ‘at-scale’ (Dashboards, data visualization, Tableau)
- Experience with A/B Testing, building reporting dashboards and in advanced analytics techniques
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and ability to understand complex business challenges, develop measurement frameworks, and develop data-based solutions
Please submit resume or CV to Careers@goHUNT.com