Montana nonresident surplus elk licenses available September 11
- 10/23/18 - All nonresident elk combination licenses were again sold out shortly after 5 a.m. If any additional licenses are turned in after Oct. 23, they will be offered on an as needed or as determined basis.
- 10/17/18 - 10 nonresident elk combination licenses are available. Licenses can be purchased on October 23.
- 10/2/18 - All nonresident elk combination licenses are sold out. If any additional licenses are turned in, they will be offered on October 23.
- 9/26/18 - 10 nonresident elk combination licenses are available. Licenses can be purchased on October 2.
- 9/11/18 - All nonresident surplus tags are now sold out. If more tags are turned in, they will be updated before October 2.
Act fast if you want to pick up a leftover nonresident elk tag in Montana! The list of available tags can be found here. As always, these tags will sell out fast. You can pick up one of these licenses starting at 5:00 a.m. MDT on September 11.
Details of the surplus list
- AISPP: $15
- Base Hunting License: $15
- Nonresident Elk Combination Cost: $850
Special note: The next updated list will be available on Tuesday, September 11 at 5:30 a.m. MDT.
If additional elk combination licenses are returned after September 11, they will be offered at a later date and the list will be updated to reflect that.
Note: The remaining licenses are sold on a first-come-first-served basis. Online sales will begin at 5 a.m. here. Also, FWP license providers will have access to purchase the licenses. You can find a list of license providers here.
The list of available surplus licenses for can be found here.
Again, these licenses and permits can be purchased online, over the counter or by downloading a paper application. It is highly recommended that you purchase them online or you might find yourself not getting a tag.
You can still purchase bonus points and nonresident preference points in Montana until September 30. You can purchase your points here.