Java Developer - JOB OPPORTUNITY WITH goHUNT
goHUNT is a rapidly growing company that puts the best technology and gear into the hands of hunters and anyone who loves the outdoors. We've taken over the Western big game hunting industry by giving ethical, fair-chase hunters better tools to pursue their passion. We form relationships with our customers through engaging content, our industry leading research subscription product, curated eCommerce Gear Shop and our new eLearning outdoor education platform.
We take pride in staying mission focused while still enjoying ourselves and offering a world-class customer experience. If you’re someone with grit and integrity, we’d love to have you on our team.
We inspire hunters to live a more adventurous life and be better stewards of wildlife and wild places. We improve our customers’ experiences and outcomes, however they define their success, with premium products, innovative tools, and powerful information for hunters of all backgrounds.
goHUNT will continue to innovate, educate and empower our customers, reducing the barriers to entry to allow for the recruiting of new hunters, and enable more dollars for conservation. Through our collective efforts at goHUNT, we will protect public land and access, actively engage in conservation, and passionately educate on the benefits of hunting for wildlife preservation.
The Java Developer will be responsible for planning, development, execution and maintenance of goHUNT’s backend platform and as part of our internal engineering team.
This role will require an individual who can bring experience, creativity and engineering skills to solve new and existing problems. The right candidate will offer technical leadership, mentorship, pattern development, collaboration and high standards of code quality.
Must be ready to contribute to the fast pace growth and success by providing a high level of expertise and leverage past experience.
Location: Las Vegas or remote from select states, with a strong preference for Pacific or Mountain Time Zone.
- Design, develop, deploy, and operate technical architecture and systems. Identify opportunities to improve existing systems/workflows for performance, scale, speed, and accuracy.
- Ruthlessly optimize for productivity - your own and that of the entire engineering team.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence. Be a relentless advocate for improving the customer experience created by our architecture and code outcomes.
- Review all feature designs within your product area and across the company for cross-cutting projects. Be an owner of the security, safety, scale, operational integrity, and architectural clarity of these designs.
- Understand the trends within the company and in the industry at large. Call out problematic ideas and provide appropriate push-back to engineers, managers, and executives.
- Debugging difficult technical problems, and making systems and products both work better and are easier to deploy, own, operate and diagnose.
- Coach and mentor talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback and setting clear goals. Assist in calibrating and developing the engineering team as a whole.
- Strong understanding of multi-tier architectures, design patterns, and good engineering practices. Specific experience implementing Java/J2ee applications
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to give/receive constructive feedback. The ability to discuss, document and explain system architecture and component design. Aligning application design with business goals.
- 6+ years experience building applications & the API’s required to make them work.
- Expert experience developing, testing, and debugging software.
- Experienced in architecting solutions, patterns, and producing detailed design documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated with critical attention to detail, understanding of branding and managing within brand guidelines
- Able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with peers, key stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Exceptional work ethic and entrepreneurial / collaborative spirit
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Preferred experience
- Spring Reactive preferred
Please submit resume or CV to Careers@goHUNT.com