Apply now for the 2017 Utah sportsman permits
The application period for the 2017 Utah sportsman permits is now open. This application is basically another chance at drawing a dream tag. It is also a very unique opportunity that offers long season dates and the ability to hunt almost every hunting unit in Utah for that species. Applications are accepted from Oct. 26 to Nov. 11, 2016 and the deadlines are 11:00 p.m. MST for online applications and 5:00 p.m. for phone applications.
- Only Utah residents can apply.
- Must be 11 years old to apply.
- Can apply for as many or as few species as you want.
- $10 nonrefundable application fee per species.
- You will not be charged for a permit unless you draw.
- A valid Utah hunting or combination license is required to apply.
- All sportsman permits exclude Antelope Island and may exclude a few other units. Any exclusions will be listed on the permit.
- You can apply for a deer, elk, antelope, bear or mountain lion permit even if you're on a waiting period for that species.
- You cannot apply for a bison, moose, desert bighorn sheep, Rocky mountain bighorn sheep or mountain goat permit if you've already used your once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for that species.
- If you draw a sportsman permit for of the once-in-a-lifetime species, you are not able to apply for that species again.
One permit is offered for each of the following species:
- Desert bighorn ram
- Rocky Mountain bighorn ram
- Mule deer buck
- Antelope buck
- Bull elk
- Bull moose
- Bison (Hunter's choice)
- Rocky Mountain goat (Hunter's choice)
- Black bear
- Mountain lion
- Wild turkey
Sportsman permit fees (if drawn)
|Mule deer buck||$168.00|
|Desert bighorn sheep ram||$513.00|
|Rocky Mtn. bighorn sheep ram||$513.00|