Sr. Full Stack Developer - JOB OPPORTUNITY WITH goHUNT
goHUNT is a rapidly growing company that puts the best technology and gear into the hands of hunters and anyone who loves the outdoors. We've taken over the Western big game hunting industry by giving ethical, fair-chase hunters better tools to pursue their passion. We form relationships with our customers through engaging content, our industry leading research subscription product, curated eCommerce Gear Shop and our new eLearning outdoor education platform.
We take pride in staying mission focused while still enjoying ourselves and offering a world-class customer experience. If you’re someone with grit and integrity, we’d love to have you on our team.
Vision & Mission
We support conservation through hunting.
Hunters secure more tags and have more success because we put the best technology and gear into their hands. Our tech cuts through hunting’s complexities to uncover opportunities that most folks don’t even know exist, and we provide the expertise and gear needed to get it done in the field. That means more money for conservation and more support for wildlife management, preserving public lands for generations to come.
Sr. Full Stack Developer will be responsible for planning, development, execution and maintenance of goHUNT’s Web platform and eCommerce Business as part of our internal engineering team.
This role will require an individual who can bring experience, creativity and engineering skills to solve new and existing problems. The right candidate will offer technical leadership, mentorship, pattern development, collaboration and high standards of code quality.
Must be ready to contribute to the fast pace growth and success by providing a high level of expertise and leverage past experience.
Location: Las Vegas or remote from select states, with a strong preference for Pacific or Mountain Time Zone.
- Design, develop, deploy, and operate technical architecture and systems. Identify opportunities to improve existing systems/workflows for performance, scale, speed, and accuracy.
- Ruthlessly optimize for productivity - your own and that of the entire engineering team.
- Champion engineering and operational excellence. Be a relentless advocate for improving the customer experience created by our architecture and code outcomes.
- Review all feature designs within your product area and across the company for cross-cutting projects. Be an owner of the security, safety, scale, operational integrity, and architectural clarity of these designs.
- Understand the trends within the company and in the industry at large. Call out problematic ideas and provide appropriate push-back to engineers, managers, and executives.
- Debugging difficult technical problems, and making systems and products both work better and are easier to deploy, own, operate and diagnose.
- Coach and mentor talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback and setting clear goals. Assist in calibrating and developing the engineering team as a whole.
- Strong understanding of multi-tier architectures, design patterns, and good engineering practices. Specific experience with several of the following technologies: React.js, NodeJs, Angular, PostgresSQL, git, Jenkins, Docker, Lambda’s
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to give/receive constructive feedback. The ability to discuss, document and explain system architecture and component design.
- Expert knowledge of all parts of the web stack - HTML/JS/CSS, web servers, app servers, REST API development, caching, and database design.
- 6+ years experience in building Web Applications, eCommerce sites, backend api’s, and all the glue code (Bash Scripts, Dockerfiles, configs) required to make it work.
- Experienced in architecting solutions and patterns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly self-motivated with critical attention to detail, understanding of branding and managing within brand guidelines
- Able to develop and maintain excellent working relationships with peers, key stakeholders and cross-functional teams
- Exceptional work ethic and entrepreneurial/collaborative spirit
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high growth environment
Please submit resume or CV to Careers@goHUNT.com